I bet you’re here for break-up advice, aren’t you? The break-up portion of the relationship is the hardest. You have to figure out if you want to fight for your love or let it go. Many of us get stuck in a grey area because we don’t have a clue on what to do to move forward. How do you have a successful break-up? A successful break-up in my opinion is one that leaves the door open to possibilities. One that isn’t hateful and you can be in a room with each other without it being awkward.
7 Rules to Follow for a Successful Break-Up
- Get your ill feelings out now. If there is something that you need to tell your ex then you should tell them now. It may not be as relevant to their life a month from now. Don’t be that ex that waits forever to tell their ex how they really feel. Get it out of the way.
- Don’t sleep with your ex – especially if you still have feelings for them. I don’t know if you knew this but sex is a way two souls connect. You share each other’s DNA and energy when you have sex. If you guys aren’t moving forward together then there’s no point in having sex with them. All that does is reconnect your souls together for no reason.
- Give their stuff back. If you have something of theirs that they didn’t give to you then give it back. You don’t need daily reminders of them when you’re trying to move on.
- Be the bigger person. As an adult, you have to learn how to be the bigger person in bad situations. Don’t bad talk your ex to other people or online. The people who know your ex already knows the kind of person they are. Take the high rode.
- Get your life together. The worst thing you can do after a break-up is fall off. What do you mean fall off? Meaning, you look worse and are doing worse than when you were together. Making your ex feel sorry for you isn’t the best decision – especially if their petty and lives for making people feel bad. If anything, you should upgrade yourself.
- Don’t rebound. Do you realize what happens when you rebound? A third party ends up getting hurt because that’s not who you truly want. Your ex and the rest of your world will know your new flame is a rebound. Everyone will know your rebound is a rebound, except your rebound. Take some time to get to know yourself again.
- Learn to be civil with your ex. If it’s truly over then there’s no need for any bitterness. Everything happens for a reason. You two should be able to run into each other without there being any tension.
When you truly love someone, it isn’t easy letting them or the situation go. If you want another shot at your relationship, click here to get some advice from a relationship expert.